What is waxing?
Egyptian women paved the way for modern waxing. Around 60 B.C., they started removing hair via a process called sugaring. Sugaring, a hair-removal method similar to waxing, uses a homemade sugar solution to entangle and strip away hair. It is still used today as a natural alternative to wax.
Waxing is a method of removing unwanted hair from the root. The benefit of waxing is that new hairs will not grow back in the waxed area for up to 4-6 weeks. New hair growth in the waxed area is soft and fine, and with repeated waxing, hair regrowth is much reduced.
At Inoa beauty salon, chadwell heath we use PhD Professional Wax System with assurance that there is no danger of infection, with the especial wax available particularly for sensitive skin.
Benefits ; long lasting results, low maintenence, great exfoliator, hair grows finer, baby soft skin, safe and gentle on the skin, hair grows slower.
Please follow the guidelines below to ensure your skin is cared for properly over the next few days.
Please note: some slight soreness, small bumps and redness are common and perfectly normal temporary reactions, particularly if this is your first wax. These symptoms should subside over the next 24-48 hours. If you experience persistent redness or irritation, consult a physician without delay.
Keep the waxed area clean, and avoid heat and friction during the next 24-48 hours. This means:
- No hot baths or showers (cool to lukewarm water only).
- No saunas, hot tubs or steam treatments.
- No tanning (sunbathing, sunbeds or fake tans).
- No sport, gym work or other exercise.
- Avoid scratching or touching the treated area with unwashed hands.
- Wear clean, loose fitting clothes.
- Avoid swimming in chlorinated pools.
- Do not apply deodorants, body sprays, powders, lotions or other products to the area, other than those recommended by your therapist.
- To soothe and protect the skin, and reduce the irritation, apply an antiseptic cream/lotion such as Aloe Vera gel or Tea Tree oil to the waxed area regularly for 3 days following your treatment. Always wash your hands before applying any product.
To prevent infection:use anti-bacterial body wash or add Dead Sea salt to your bath 2-3 times a week following your treatment. While your pores are open, they are vulnerable to infection by bacteria. This may also cause whiteheads where the hair is coarser.
To prevent ingrown hairs: starting a few days after your appointment, gently scrub the skin 3 times a week in the bath or shower using a clean loofah or exfoliating mitt. Also moisturise the area every day, which will keep the skin supple and help new hairs to grow through normally.
You may notice a small amount of regrowth after a week or so. It can take up to 4 treatments for your hair to get on a growth cycle that gives the best results. Hair needs to be at least 5 mm long before it can be successfully removed by waxing; please do not shave between your appointments. To maintain your smooth appearance, we recommend regular waxing every 4-6 weeks.
Waxing services at Inoa Beauty Salon, East London, Essex is offered for Face – eyebrows, neck, full face, upper lip, forehead, chin and for Body – Full body,arms,legs,underarms,bikini line,Brazilian and Hollywood wax.